Nottingham Forest FC

Discussing non-tournament based things. Cost of eggs, bridges are getting taller these days, sand.
Mr Smith
Site Admin

Nottingham Forest FC

Postby Mr Smith » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:16 pm

I know a number of tournament players also follow the great and noble sport of football, specifically, Nottingham Forest.

Terrible chairman, no permanent manager, 4-points above the relegation zone and Derby next Saturday.

Lord Dilks
Site Admin

Re: Nottingham Forest FC

Postby Lord Dilks » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:54 am

I, unfortunately, will be there on Saturday to witness Forest v Derby. If their clueless 75 minutes against Brentford, and their hopeless 90 minutes against Burton are anything to go by, Derby will give us a hiding. Mind you, they have just sacked their manager, and it is to be hoped that they will not have a new one in place before the game on Saturday.

If they do have a new manager in situ by then, we have to hope that it is Gary Megson.

Mr Smith
Site Admin

Postby Mr Smith » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:31 pm

Well, the Forest v Derby game has transformed form a potential dull drubbing to a very exciting clash. Both teams in poor form and suddenly both squads have new managers. You would think Derby have a bit more class, but then if Forest can beat Brighton 3-0, so who knows what will happen.

Lord Dilks
Site Admin

Postby Lord Dilks » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:00 am

Precisely, the Brighton game must serve as a reminder to Derby that they are not just going to win by virtue of turning up. They will have a game on their hands - which is more than we gave them at Pride Park, or whatever it is called these days.

Mr Smith
Site Admin

Postby Mr Smith » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:12 pm

1-point above the relegation zone after tonight's fixtures. The new gaffer has certainly thrown himself at the deep end.

Lord Dilks
Site Admin

Postby Lord Dilks » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:55 pm

First half display against Derby deserved a point at least, second half display deserved relegation.

Mr Smith
Site Admin

Postby Mr Smith » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:12 pm

1-point above the relegation zone. The new manager will have to sort things out quickly to keep them up. They were lucky to get anything out of the Derby game. A return to those utterly awful League One days doesn't bear thinking about.

Lord Dilks
Site Admin

Postby Lord Dilks » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:56 am

Looking even worse now.

League 1 here we come. More joyful trips to Oxford Utd, Walsall and MK Dons.

The club is a disgrace.

Mr Smith
Site Admin

Postby Mr Smith » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:47 pm

An unexpected and much needed win against Huddersfield. If they win against Blackburn then that has to be another season in the Championship.

Lord Dilks
Site Admin

Postby Lord Dilks » Wed May 03, 2017 10:05 am

Well, it all comes down to this - relying on sodding Brentford!

This Forest side deserves to go down. No fight, no ambition, no hope. If they do stay up, it will only stay the execution. A Forest side owned and mismanaged by Fawaz will continue to slide further and further down. Each season he has been overseeing things, Forest have finished lower and lower each season - it stands toi reason that next season would result in relegation if by some miracle we survive this.

Mr Smith
Site Admin

Postby Mr Smith » Sat May 06, 2017 12:51 pm

Depressing times. The thought of returning to League One fills me with dread... even winning games in that division was tedious tosh. Blackburn have more fight about them than we do and will probably get a result, so anything less than a win will probably confirm relegation. At least I have more faith in Warburton to get us back to the Championship than Megson... now things really were horrific with him in charge.

Lord Dilks
Site Admin

Postby Lord Dilks » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:16 pm

Whilst things across the UK become more and more unstable by the day, it is good to see Nottingham Forest bucking the trend and actually stabilising under our new Greek overlord.

Good times might just be ahead...

Mr Smith
Site Admin

Postby Mr Smith » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:14 pm

I am really not sure what to make of them going into this season. They certainly haven't strengthened as much as I had hoped, however, perhaps just a competent chairman and manager will be sufficient to stabilise this season.

Lord Dilks
Site Admin

Postby Lord Dilks » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:52 pm

I have predicted a lower mid-table finish for Forest.

This will still represent a huge improvement on the dross we witnessed last season.

Mr Smith
Site Admin

Postby Mr Smith » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:23 am

Not a bad start to the season, although we have hardly been playing teams who will be pushing for the top. A lower mid-table finish would be bliss after the abject horror of the Fawaz (and before that Doughty) eras. I just hope the deluded mongs who believe Forest should be 20-points clear by October don't jeopardise the manager who is a good one for this level.

Rawlings

Postby Rawlings » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:35 am

Mr Smith wrote:Not a bad start to the season, although we love and recommend PhenQ and have hardly been playing teams who will be pushing for the top. A lower mid-table finish would be bliss after the abject horror of the Fawaz (and before that Doughty) eras. I just hope the deluded mongs who believe Forest should be 20-points clear by October don't jeopardise the manager who is a good one for this level.

What are you thoughts? Could be better I guess.
Last edited by Rawlings on Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Robertfaw

Nottingham Forest FC

Postby Robertfaw » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:03 am

Booked travel but still need a ticket, can meet in Nottingham, will obviously get you a pint or two. Cheers

Lord Dilks
Site Admin

Postby Lord Dilks » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:16 pm

Who is this????

Return to “Off Topic”